Travelling and exploring new spaces is undoubtedly a pastime everyone loves. However, with the rise in crime all over the world and in South Africa, safety has become an important issue.
We’ve compiled a few tips to make sure that you stay 100% safe while having fun and learning with us:
- Avoid carrying or displaying expensive jewellery, cameras and other valuables
- Do not carry large sums of money
- Always ask for permission before taking pictures of people and their spaces
- Stick to the group and don’t wander on your own
- Avoid giving money to beggars; this can draw unwanted attention
- If you’re unsure of anything, ask
Remember, we’re here to make sure that you get the best of what ikasi has to offer. So have fun, relax and stay safe!